Roasting the tomatillos and peppers really brings out the flavor! Keep or discard the pepper seeds depending on your “spicy” preference.
- 10 tomatillos, husks removed and rinsed
- 2-4 Anaheim peppers
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 T. fresh lime juice (about ½ a lime)
- ½ t. sea salt
- ¼ t. ground pepper
- **baked corn chips
- Preheat broiler (oven or toaster oven).
- Line jellyroll pan with aluminum foil. If not using a jellyroll pan, make sure your pan has raised edges. The peppers and tomatillos will release a lot of juice!
- Core tomatillos and place in pan with peppers.
- Broil until charred – about 8-10 minutes; turn tomatillos and peppers over; broil 8-10 minutes more. When both sides are charred, remove to a bowl and cover tightly in plastic wrap. Allow to sit 15 minutes.
- Carefully peel tomatillos and peppers; place in blender.
- Add remaining ingredients; blend 1-2 minutes until smooth.
**To make corn chips: Preheat oven to 400∞F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Cut corn tortillas into wedges; arrange on baking sheets in a single layer. Lightly spritz tortilla wedges with a non-stick spray (such as coconut or olive). Sprinkle with sea salt, ground pepper & chili powder. Bake 8-10 minutes.DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE RECIPE