This silky, smooth dessert is packed with phytochemicals. No one will know you used tofu…unless you tell them! Use a high-quality chocolate for the best flavor.
- 1 16-oz package silken tofu, drained
- 1-1/2 c. dairy-free dark/bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ c. unsweetened coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. vanilla extract
- ¼ t. almond extract
- Fresh strawberries (garnish)
- Heat coconut milk to a simmer over low heat; set aside to cool.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler over simmering water, stirring occasionally. Or, melt chocolate chips in the microwave in a glass bowl for one minute; stir. Continue in 30-second increments until smooth.
- Add coconut milk and tofu to melted chocolate. Blend using an immersion blender or whisk.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla extract, and almond extract; blend well.
- Divide mousse into 8 portions (about ½ cup each). Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries before serving.
8 servingsDOWNLOAD PRINTABLE RECIPE